Ad

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Transgender Man's Parents Issue Birth Announcement Correction: See the Sweet Message

A young transgender man in Australia, Kai Bogert, recently came out to his parents, at which point they responded by doing something truly touching.

Yolanda Bogert and Guy Kershaw of Jimboomba, Queensland, took out a birth announcement that retracted their original announcement from 1995.

In the December 1 edition of The Courier-Mail, the proud parents wrote:
Kai Bogert Birth Announcement
"In 1995 we announced the arrival of our sprogget, Elizabeth Anne, as a daughter. He informs us that we were mistaken. Oops! Our bad." "We would now like to present, our wonderful son - Kai Bogert."
"Loving you is the easiest thing in the world. Tidy your room."

The family spoke to The Courier-Mail the following day, after the ad went viral. His mother said, "I needed to show my son I support him 100 percent."
"[We] wanted to let the world know that. It is all very new to us," she admits. "Kai just told me a few days ago that he no longer wanted to live as a girl."

Kai, for his part, was shocked (in a good way) by their response.
"This last week has changed everything for me," the 19 year old told the paper. "I am still me, but I am more me than I was a few days ago and feel free."

Sometimes, it's the little things in life that mean the most - the littlest gestures by, and for, those we love and care most for in this world that make all the difference.

Words to live by, don't you think?

No comments:

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...