Ad

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

MY VILLAGE PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY INABILITY TO STOP ROBBERY: SUSPECT

A suspected armed robber, arrested by the police in Lagos, has claimed that his family members were responsible for his inability to stop the act.


Punch Metro learnt that the suspect, 28-year-old Emehelu Ndubuisi, was arrested by the Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday, November 19 in the Oshodi area of Lagos.

Ndubuisi, who is married with a child, said he was still standing trial for a robbery case at the Ikeja Magistrates’ Court when he was re-arrested for another robbery.

He said,
“I am standing trial in court for a robbery case. I used to sell motor spare parts at the Ladipo Market, Oshodi. I was initially arrested by the police in February this year, and was charged to the Ikeja Magistrate’s Court. “I was remanded in the Kirikiri Medium Prison for some weeks during which I met one convict, Ogaga. He had spent three years in the prison. He told me some men wanted to sell a stolen vehicle, but I did not listen to him. “After I secured my bail, I went to my village to attend my grandmother’s burial and I noticed some family members were not happy to see me. When I returned from the trip, I did not know how I listened to Ogaga’s advice.”

“I had sworn never to rob again, but my village people are very evil. They must have charmed me with robbery. It was at the point of collecting the stolen vehicle in Lagos that the police re-arrested me.”

No comments:

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...