Ad

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I was Raped As a Teenager: Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga revealed to Howard Stern that she was raped as a teenager

 Lady Gaga

The singer, who was appearing on Howard Stern's radio show in America, made the claim after being asked the about the meaning of her song Swine.

"I went through some horrific things," she said. "I'm able to laugh now. I've gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy and emotional therapy to heal over the years.
"I was a shell of my former self at one point... To be fair, I was about 19."
She continued: "I went to Catholic school and then all this crazy stuff happened, and I was going, 'Oh, is this just the way adults are?' I was very naive."

Host Howard Stern then suggested that someone had taken advantage of her in her early career.
The 28-year-old replied: "It happens every day and it's really scary, and it's sad.
"It didn't affect me as much as it did about four or five years later.
"I was so traumatized by it that I was like, 'Keep going' because I just had to get out of there.
"I wasn't even willing to admit that anything even happened. I don't want to be defined by it."
Lady Gaga also said that she never confronted the person who did it to her.
"I think it would terrify me. It would paralyze me.
"I saw him one time in a store and I was so paralyzed by fear.
"It wasn't until I was a little bit older that I went, 'Wow, that was really messed up.'
"You were 20 years older than me. I was a kid. It took me a long time to feel strong about it.
"I didn't tell anybody, I didn't even tell myself for the longest time."

 

No comments:

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...