Ad

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Nicki Minaj Steps Out on a Bad Hair Day After Rumors of Beef With Iggy Azalea

 
Nicki Minaj was photographed on her way to rehearsal yesterday, and she was looking fairly disheveled and not like her usual fashionable self. The award-winning rapper's hair was a mess and she was wearing old sweats and sneakers and with very little to no make up on.

This is coming just days after Nicki Minaj gave an acceptance speech at the BET Awards on Sunday, that appeared to throw shade at other female rappers, especially Iggy Azalea, an upcoming rapper who was also nominated for the same award.

Nicki said in her speech that when "you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it." Some say this is a pointed dig at Iggy Azalea who's been rumored to work with ghostwriters and who some say is on her way to taking Nicki Minaj's crown as the best female MC.




When their respective fans and media outlets reported on the shade, Nicki came out on Twitter to clear the air.
"The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us! ...

I've congratulated Iggy on the success of 'Fancy,' publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud. ...

That will never change my desire to motivate women to write. Our voices have to be heard. I hope I inspire up & coming females to do that."
Azalea had initially remained silent on the subject, but the day after Nicki's tweets, the younger rapper released a statement on her Instagram account;
"I have to say the general explosion of pettiness online in the last few days is hard to ignore and honestly ... lame. If I had won the BET award that would've been great but it wasn't my year and I don't mind -- so you shouldn't either.

"Generally speaking, I'm unbothered by anything that 'happened' at the BET awards, and just feel worn out by everyone trying to make me have wars with people all the time. Anyone who wishes me well is welcome in my life and those who don't can't get any more of my time. I hate to see everyone exhausting themselves on my behalf over things that I'm still not sure even exist and don't matter. Just let it go."
 Culled from RML

No comments:

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...