Ad

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Eagles can bank on me – Babatunde

Babatunde Michael

Nigeria midfielder Babatunde Michael has his sights set on a starting role against Argentina in their last   World Cup Group F clash on Wednesday, africanfootball.com reports.
The Ukraine-based player, who was picked ahead of Victor Moses in the 1-0 defeat of Bosnia on Saturday,   was substituted in the 76th minute by Shola Ameobi after he got injured.
The Volyn winger, whose inclusion in Nigeria’s 23-man squad to the World Cup raised dust, has promised to turn in more good performances for the Eagles.
He said, “I just need to keep the focus; I am here in the Eagles to prove a lot of things. I am ready to give everything to this team because I always believe I have all it takes to play for Nigeria.
“I have a lot to give to Nigeria and also owe my country a lot. And the future is bright with the quality of players I am privileged to play alongside. Everybody here is my brother and, I learn from them. They also see me as a friend and that makes it easier for me to build my confidence.”
Meanwhile, Babatunde has resumed full training with his teammates.
“Babatunde (Michael) trained with the team on Sunday, he trained normally with the squad who played against Bosnia, I believe he is okay,” a source in the team told africanfootball.com
“Everybody trained well and there are no injury worries, only Godfrey Oboabona didn’t train.”

No comments:

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...