Ad

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The difference between make-up and photoshop

There was a time that it was a valid saying that pictures do not lie. That was when dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Wake up. This is 2014. Have you met Photoshop or its products? Photoshop is that superb graphics software that makes pictures lie now. A man who has never left his village can be planted right next to President Obama in the White House and made to look like he really was there. Photoshop. The wonders of image manipulation. Better still, a very ugly person like myself can walk into a photo studio, take a couple of pictures and have the graphics person there make my face look smooth, as well as tones and hues, such that the resulting pictures are of a fine boy superstar who belongs on the cover of Playboy magazine. The wonders of image manipulation. But that’s what makeup does too. Only that it does it in realtime and in the flesh. When I see a heavily made up woman these days, I activate my mental defense systems and remind myself that what you see is NOT what you get. It doesn’t matter how gorgeous she looks, I’m not buying that “Oh; she’s beautiful!” thing you people are selling. Scrub that thing off and let us have that discussion again please. I often can’t even recognise some of my friends when they are made up! I mean, they have to be pointed out to me. “That is Nkechi. Why are you acting like you don’t know her?” Because I don’t recognise her, sunshine! I know Nkechi. I have known her for years. This person you are pointing out to me is a different person. If Nkechi looked like this for real, damnit, I would have put a ring on it. The wonders of image manipulation. The difference between makeup and Photoshop? One is analogue and the other is digital. Besides that,none.

No comments:

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...