Ad

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Look Who is Covering Glamour This Month!

Kerry Washington, Sarah Jessica Parker and Michelle Obama are really feeling very Glamour-ous this month.

Literally!
The Scandal star, former Sex and the City actress and residing First Lady represent “Power Women,” according to the publication, as they opened up to Glamour about various aspects of life in the military.
 Sarah Jessica Parker, Michelle Obama and Kerry Washington
Washington, for example, spoke out on how diminishing the stigma of mental health, telling the magazine:

"My brain and my heart are really important to me. I don’t know why I wouldn’t seek help to have those things be as healthy as my teeth. I go to the dentist. So why wouldn’t I go to a shrink?"

Parker then discussed the issues female veterans face:
"I feel like there’s a laundry list... Being a working mother, serving, returning from Iraq or Afghanistan - I almost don’t know where to begin…. And I feel intimidated by their service; I feel ashamed that I haven’t served."

And then Obama, who helped explain The Evolution of Mom Dancing on The Tonight Show last week, said she could never actually compare her lives to the lives of wives with husbands overseas.

However...
"I [try to] put myself in the place of some of these young women - maybe they’re in their twenties, they have their third kid, they’re not established in their careers, they’re miles away from their family - and imagine the stresses.

"So my advice is, ask for help. Keep asking. Because that’s the only way I survived. My women friends - how we get through is we reach out."

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...