Ad

Monday, March 9, 2015

Denrele Edun explains why he dressed that way to the #AMVCA2015


The media personality showed up at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice awards in Lagos.

Denrele dress
A lot of people felt that he picked the outfit in honour of his late best friend, Goldie, but certainly not. He simply went shopping and spotted the material on a shelf in Tiannah’s place, owned by Toyin Lawani. The moment he saw it, a thought came to his mind- the AMVCA statuette.

Denrenle wanted to be a real life AMVCA statuette for the night. “It is 24-carat gold and I just looked at it and I said to myslef, ‘why not strut out something that reeks of the statuette?’ and I wanted to look like a statuette tonight. I know I went a bit overboard with it,” he said. 
 
However, making such decisions come with its consequences. He certainly got the stares he wanted but much to his own detriment, “I mean my back is all in the open and I am hot. I do not know how you ladies do it. My back is so sweaty that I had to tell everyone who wants to hug me to put their hand on my butt instead of my back. It is quite difficult to maneuver as well but this is what I’m going to rock the after party with.”
Denrele dress1
The dress was designed by Elegante by Tiannah Styling. She styled every other thing on him including the silver Caveler shoes which he admitted are hell to walk in, the golden statement hand pieces and neck pieces.

The hair as well. To make the look complete, Denrenle settled for a more different updo than he is usually known for- braids. The hair, also done by Tiannah Styling, is all shades of white, dirty grey and blonde all wrapped up in a bun. And it was the most interesting thing we’d ever seen.

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...