Ad

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Nigerian Jollof Rice Without Vegetables

                                 A plate of  tasty jollof rice.


Jollof rice is always present at every foodious Nigerian event. It is one meal I never get tired of eating. Even after enjoying mine at home before leaving, I'm still very much interested in the one served at the events' reception. I don't know why but I hate missing the jollof at any event I attend.

Sometimes, I boil the rice with thyme, onion, salt and seasoning before mixing with the already prepared stew.This method varies the taste and aroma. I don't add
curry here but enough thyme and benny spice. The only reason I have Benny spice at home is because it is superb for rice. I cook my soups and other meals with seasoning cubes and cook rice with Benny spice. 
 
 
Ingredients:
  1. FreshTomato stew
  2. Tomato paste
  3. Soya oil
  4. Onion
  5. Hard chicken 11/2kg
  6. Pepper 
  7. Salt
  8. Seasoning
  9. Water 
  10. Thyme
  11. Rice      

Adding tomato paste to chicken stew with fried onion
  
Adding ingredients and stirring to fry
  
 Empty the stew into a cooking pot  
Let stew simmer, check for salt before and after adding water
  
Adding enough water to stew  before adding washed rice 
Adding Benny spice
  
Adding thyme
  
Adding parboiled washed rice to boiling stew, continue to add water and check for salt till rice is tender
  
Water dries up as heat is reduced to prevent  the pot from burning
              Jollof rice is cooked without vegetables
 
 Nigerian jollof rice cooked without vegetable is best served with coleslaw.
Enjoy

 

        

No comments:

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...