Ad

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Woman Finds Missing Husband, Nine Years After He Disappeared, Married to Someone Else

When Karen Marx's husband Adam disappeared, vanishing without a note, a call, or a trace in 2005, she believed she would never see him again.
One can certainly understand why, but she searched and she searched, until one day recently, she found the man she married after nearly a decade.
The twist? He was married to some else.
Spying
"I just thought, 'How could he get married again?' " Karen said, reflecting on her alarming discovery. "Am I dead? What did he do with my identity?"
It wasn't the first time Adam Marx had done something similar. He left another woman while still married, and he once left Karen as well, remarkably.
Karen first met Adam when he was still married. "I figured, 'He's going to get divorced, and this means he really wants to be with me and the kids,'" she said.
"We'll be one big, happy family."
Adam did eventually divorce his first wife and marry Karen a year later, on Valentine's Day. Shortly after, he disappeared. That time, he left a note.
"The first time he left me, it was like somebody ripped my heart out," Karen said. "He basically told me it was all my fault and he couldn't handle my kids."
"My ultimatum was, 'If you ever do this to me again, I won't take you back,'" she said, recalling what she told him then. "I did it once. I won't do it twice."
He did return a few months later, but things soured once again, and Adam peaced out, leaving no clue where he went but leaving her saddled with debt.
"I was trying to start a cleaning business, and after he left me, that totally ruined everything," Karen said, and heard nothing from him until this year.
Needless to say, she was shocked.
"He told people it was his first marriage," she said. "I think people need to start doing their job and thoroughly, especially when it comes to something like this."
"I consider myself married," she said, even after all this time. "I thought when you married someone, you married him for life, through sickness and health."
It's unclear how she found him, but Adams Marx faces charges of bigamy, fraud and making a false statement on a marriage license, according to reports.
Karen plans to file for divorce. No surprise there. Hopefully she can accomplish that goal legally, having spent so much of her life without any closure.

Culled from HWG

No comments:

News Flash: Kidnappers Launch Another Attack in Kubwa, Abuja, Seize Two Sisters, and Request N30 Million Ransom

This development occurs just a week after residents of the Chikakore community expressed their grievances to the office of FCT Minister, Nye...